Friday, January 29, 2010

latest updates

Another email from Chaplain Steve.....hopefully we'll hear more updates within the next few days!! Keep on praying!


This morning I had a fruitful conversation with a local Christian ministry called Hearts with Hands. They have contacted Mission Hospital’s head of transportation and they are currently working on gathering the necessary info to secure a medical flight to the states for Howard. Currently we are also waiting to hear if Duke hospital will take Howard once he arrives. Howard’s health remains stable following a much needed delivery of platelets. I am currently on standby with Mission Hospital and Hearts with Hands to be notified as soon as something is available. While it is no guarantee that Mission can, or will accept Howard’s case, the final word to me was they are highly optimistic. I will spread the word as soon as I know something more.

As we head into a weekend and potentially another night of agonizing uncertainty I leave you with two of my favorite quotes on prayer from two of my favorite theologians:

Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.Saint Augustine

Pray, and let God worryMartin Luther

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog tonight. I know I am just a random person but my thoughts and prayers are with your friend, Howard.

    ReplyDelete