Saturday, January 30, 2010

Latest Updates!!! Looking up for Howard!

Here is the latest email from Chaplain Steve along with an email from Stephen Jackson who is with Howard in Jamaica right now....these prayers are helping so much and it looks like everything is going to work out for Howard!

Duke has accepted Howard!
In addition, Wings of Eagles is ready to fly him back to the states as soon as they receive details from Duke. The most recent estimate is as early as Monday or Tuesday.
The remaining prayer request is for a medical person to attend Howard on the flight home. Linda Thompson has indicated that an MD or an EMT could work. Wings of Eagles has agreed to stop at the Asheville Airport, or other nearby airport, to pick up whoever is qualified, available, and trained.
Linda has also lined up a helicopter to pick up Howard and Steven at the Raleigh-Durham airport and take them to the Duke Medical Center once they arrive.
Many of you have asked if donating your own platelets can be helpful. While it certainly would be a great way to serve the people of Asheville, your platelets will not be directly impacting Howard.
On a final note, I'll share a portion of an email I received from Steven Jackson late last night:
Steve,

Brother, the Lord is good. He is shattering my world every second of every day. Never have I experienced being led by the Spirit, relying on the Spirit, and seeing the Lord work so evidently and all so quickly before. I am here in the room with Howard. I spend all morning and afternoon and much of the evening with him. It is a humbling thing to be in a hospital in a third world country where everything is so bare, care is minimal, and hot because there is no air conditioning...I took a walk for lunch and was refreshed and reminded to trust in the Lord and cast my anxieties on him...I have been able to witness some amazing things...I was able to pray with Howard, his mom and sister last night. moving and a special moment...the Lord is working and I am so thankful that you and the school has allowed me to be a part of His story with Howard. I am doing fine and being taken care of well...your prayers and everyone's are being felt.

In Christ,

Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment