Monday, July 12, 2010

long time...no write...

Hello again!! it's been over a month since I've written....probably longer....

But since I've last written Aaron and I have graduated from college!!  Now it's time for the real world....we both have jobs which is great and I just got a second part time job at Staples for some extra money this summer.  God is really providing for us right now.




The other news is we've also gotten married but I'm sure you all knew that!  As of today we've been married for a MONTH!! crazy!!  The wedding was so great! It all went by so fast though and it was hard to soak it all in.  Everything builds up towards that one moment and then it's all gone.  We had a great time hanging out with friends and family that weekend and seeing people we hadn't seen in a while!  it was so much fun!

I wasn't stressed out at all and I know Aaron wasn't either.  I didn't get nervous until about 30 minutes before I had to walk down the aisle and my heart started beating faster and I started shaking.  I believe it's because at that point I was getting into my dress and was completely ready to go.  I had to sneak around the Manor house to get to where I needed to be in order to get to the courtyard but without Aaron seeing me so it was a lot of ducking and running through the house!  That was funny.  My maid of honor Lyndsey helped get me to where I needed to be and gave me a big hug before she left to go walk down the aisle.  So i was standing in the kitchen by myself for a few minutes waiting for my dad to come and get me and let me tell you....i was about to lose it...I was excited, nervous, anxious, and more all at the same time.  My dad got ahold of me and said he had never seen me shaking so much!  I got to a point behind the crowd where most of the people couldn't see me but I could see them and I was just shaking so bad so I was just trying to get nervous energy out of me....wish I had a video of what i was doing!!  My dad was just laughing at me!


Finally I walked down the aisle and married Aaron!! Such a sweet moment! Then we got to enjoy the party!!  I enjoyed the day so much but wish it could have lasted a little longer...we are still waiting for the professional pictures so when we get those I'll post some on here.



We went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon which was stinking awesome!!  We went snorkeling, swimming with the dolphins, took a tour of downtown, and hung out at the resort.  It was all inclusive which was awesome because all of our meals were included so we didn't have to spend a buttload of money on food and we could do whatever activities we wanted to in the Bahamas!  It was also during the World Cup so of course there were lots of soccer games to be watched but it was good because the games were typically in the morning and our activities in the afternoon so we watched most of them.  Here are some pictures from the honeymoon!!





Once we got back from the honeymoon we had to dive into the real world....ehhh!  But like I said we both had jobs so we started the Monday we got back and have been going ever since.  Aaron's working in the cafe at Montreat and I'm working at a 4-H camp down the street.  I also just got a part-time job at Staples for some extra money.  Like I said God is being good to use right now.

Aaron also has an opportunity for a sweet job that we're waiting to hear about.  I don't want to give too many details right now about it because we're not sure how that's going to pan out quite yet.  If he ends up getting it I'll share more later!!  But for now keep praying for us!!

4th of July weekend was last weekend and my parents came up to be with us and visit for the weekend!! That was so great because the wedding weekend was hectic so this gave us all time to just hang out and catch up a little!!  We went to the fireworks in Black Mountain and met up with some friends to enjoy the show with!  I love Black Mountain!! Such a cute little town where you can always find someone you  know!! Here are some pictures from that!!




Until next time!! hopefully it won't be as long before I write again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment