Wednesday, February 3, 2010

howard...


Howard Fisher passed away last night....

He was a great person and I'm a better person for knowing him as well. He was a wonderful friend and always joked around. He was an amazing guy! He loved playing soccer and was an outstanding goalie who towered everyone at 6 foot 7 and yet he was such a gentle guy as well. As you guys know he was disgnosed with Aplastic Anemia which means his bone marrow wasn't producing red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets for his body. The school was working on getting him back over here to the states to get treatment and hopefully get better. When we were so closed to getting him back here we ran into more obstacles. At the time it was hard to see why it was happening. However, now I know. It was God's way of letting us know that Howard was where he needed to be right now....with his family in his homeland surrounded by loved ones.

I found out this morning from a friend of mine and didn't want to believe it was true and I broke down. However, I now know it is true and it tears my heart apart that this happened to Howard because he was such a great person. He was everyone's friend. Now he's an angel in heaven who is watching all of us everyday now. As much as I wish he were still here on earth I'm happy that he is now free of pain and suffering. He's sitting next to God up there. The best thing of all is... He was a CHRISTIAN! I know he's up in heaven and I can't wait to see him again one day!

You will be greatly missed Fisher! My prayers are with your family and friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Addie - I am so sorry for the pain you feel and my prayers are with you, his family and all of your friends as you deal with this loss. Good luck with school and wedding stuff, keep your head up my dear. :-)
    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete